Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wiki Contribution

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. McFeely (David Newell) from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood this week, so I decided to ask him a few questions to help beef up his Wikipedia page. My additions can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Newell . My information is the paragraph that begins "He began his acting career..."

I never knew Wikipedia was so easy to edit. Really an interesting tool, but also a bit worrisome on how easily false information could get on there. "Always be a filter, not a sponge."

2 comments:

EStrauch said...

I agree, Jordan. I also thought Wikipedia was a useful on-line encyclopedia that would be a great tool for students to use in the classroom. Now...I have a totally different idea about using Wikipedia in the classroom. I think it would a great way to introduce creditable vs. non-creditable sites for finding information for research projects.

Laura Ann said...

Very interesting that you were able to add informative information about Mr. Rogers after meeting him. This gives me an idea for students to do after a guest speaker or even a class trip. All of the students could add information to the wikispace about what they saw/learned during the experience. Thanks for the great idea.